HandCraft Healthcare Linen and Uniform Specialists are environmentally responsible. Our goal is to preserve and be good stewards of natural resources. Through our use of the latest technologies, here are a few ways we minimize our carbon footprint – and yours:
- We use less than 1/2 gallon of water per pound of linen washed. This saves more than 100 million gallons each year!
- We use high efficiency, low Nitrogen Oxide boilers to provide steam for our operation.
- We reclaim heat from our waste water and boiler discharge to warm incoming water for the wash process.
- Many of our linens are designed to be laundered in lower water temperatures – increasing the usable life of the items. This saves energy and decreases waste.
- We recycle more than 250,000 pounds of plastic linen bags annually.
- We recycle more than 275,000 pounds of worn-out linen annually.
- Our detergents are phosphate-free and we use low-temperature oxygen bleach.
- Our delivery vehicle fleet is modified to ensure fuel efficiency and use DEF to decrease emissions.